The Big Dam Run started 6 years ago with Susan from Wagento insisting that we join a running race because ".. all you do is code, drink and eat Doritos ... " (I believe that is a direct quote.) That year we joined the Lovell Canyon Labor of Love run. It featured a full field of Sweettooth Candian runners all not ready for the desert heat and culminated with Bill Curtis passing out of the course. (He is ok and still living in Canada eh)
Magento Commerce is hosting the first ever MagentoLive India in Bangalore on May 2, 2017. It is a great opportunity to meet the Magento Community and discuss the latest trends and updates in Magento.
2.1.6 Product Release
BlueFoot extension now available for Magento Enterprise merchants
The current BlueFoot CMS v1.0 extension can now be downloaded from Magento, available exclusively for licensed Magento Enterprise Edition or Enterprise Cloud Edition merchants. As a reminder, Magento purchased the BlueFoot technology to give merchants a powerful set of tools to simplify the creation and management of content on Magento without the need for technical skills.
Below are some very important considerations before using the BlueFoot v1.0 extension:
• BlueFoot v1.0 is only compatible with Magento 2.1 Enterprise Edition and Enterprise Cloud Edition, and it will be compatible with Magento 2.2 when it is released. It is not compatible with Magento 1.
• BlueFoot capabilities will be integrated into the native code for Magento 2.3, currently scheduled for the second half of 2017.
• Magento does not guarantee a migration path from BlueFoot v1.0 to native Magento 2.3. BlueFoot uses a product field data methodology that is incompatible with the methodology that will be used in Magento 2.3. Merchants choosing to adopt BlueFoot v1.0 must take precautions to avoid data loss and are responsible for recovering any data lost during future migrations.
• Magento will sunset support for all standalone BlueFoot extensions within 90 days of the release of Magento 2.3.
Developer documentation and installation instructions, as well as FAQs on the BlueFoot acquisition, can be found in the Partner Portal in the following directory: Downloads > Magento Enterprise Edition 2.X > Magento Bundled Extensions > Bluefoot. The BlueFoot website also has additional support and developer information.
We are not actively promoting the availability of BlueFoot v1.0 with merchants at this time. Instead we are sharing this information with you so that you can work with your clients to see if BlueFoot v1.0 is an appropriate solution.
Lastly, your feedback on the BlueFoot technology is important to us. Send your comments to our BlueFoot distribution list ( DL-Magento-Bluefoot-Feedback@magento.com) so that we can review and incorporate your ideas for enhancing Magento.
If you don't get the email notifications from Magento (and we highly encourage that you do), than please read for your site's benefit. We’d like to inform you that the following important Magento product and security updates are now available. These new versions provide a range of improvements, including a fix for the recently discovered Zend Framework 1 security vulnerability and quality updates to catalog, payments, and sales modules in Magento 2.
- Enterprise Editions 2.1.4 and 2.0.12
- Enterprise Cloud Editions 2.1.4 and 2.0.12
- Community Editions 2.1.4 and 2.0.12
- Enterprise Edition 18.104.22.168, Community Edition 22.214.171.124, and the SUPEE-9652 patch resolve the Zend Framework 1 issue
Software updates are available in My Account, on our Community Edition Download Page, and through Composer. For more information about the new versions review the release notes:
This is a continuation from our Fixed Bid post.
Updates for Magento 2.1.3 and 2.0.11