About the Magento Masters Program
Every Magento Master is carefully vetted with internal nominations and scored based upon a wide variety of criteria. A well-versed Master should have experience in delivering speeches at events, participating in Magento Forums, providing answers on StackExchange, attending Magento events, and building upon the Magento code. Becoming a Master isn’t a guaranteed title, either; each person must meet the qualifications every year to retain their title!
If you’re wondering what type of people get accepted into the program, each Magento Master typically fits into one of three general categories:
- Movers. A mover can be described as a thought leader or industry influencer who’s a great advocate for the Magento platform. You’ll see them speaking at events, discussing the latest implementations and trends, and pushing for further innovation of the platform.
- Makers. Makers are active members and contributors of the Magento Community. You’ll be able to find Makers sharing ideas, giving advice to others, offering suggestions to community members, and building upon previous innovations.
- Mentors. A Mentor is someone who is passionate about educating other people about the Magento platform and creating valuable resources to make it easier for others who want to get involved in the community.
Of course, a recognized Magento Master earns more than company recognition and a fancy trophy. Along with bragging rights, inductees to the program also gain access to:
- Invitations to exclusive events.
- Deeper involvement in community feedback opportunities.
- Discounts on certain events and Magento certifications.
- Quarterly Magento Masters calls with the Magento team.
- Recognition at events, including the annual Magento Imagine conference.
- Induction into the Magento Community Hall of Fame.
Now that you know what it takes to become a Magento Master, let us introduce you to our very own Masters here at Wagento: Brent Peterson and Vijay Golani.
Magento Master Brent Peterson
This year, Brent was nominated as a Qualified Alumni Magento Master, which is a title reserved only for those who have already been recognized as Masters at least 3 times already. His 2019 contributions made him a top contender for receiving the Magento Master title once more, as he organized MageX, the Magento Meetup Twin Cities, and other events, posted several relevant subjects on the Magento blog, and participated as a speaker at a number of Magento-based events.
Brent was named a Magento Master and featured in the Community Hall of Fame in 2018 due to his outstanding contributions in and out of the workplace throughout 2017. As the Chief Magento Evangelist for Wagento, Brent organized several events, including Mage Titans Mexico and Mage Titans USA, attended and spoke at different Magento conferences around the world, and continuously assisted people on the Magento forums.
Magento Master Vijay Golani
Vijay Golani is a VP of Development at Wagento and a Magento U Trainer based in India. Vijay was initially introduced to the Magento platform in 2009, and as he learned more about Magento Commerce, he started to create a blog about it to help other developers. Over the next few years, he gained plenty of valuable experience completing projects ranging from customization, extension integrations, API integrations, and site performance. Vijay joined the Wagento team in 2014 and went on to become a trainer for Magento U, traveling around the world to educate developers and speak at Magento-centric events.
In 2018, Vijay made significant contributions on GitHub, organized three different Magento events in India, and helped form the first Magento Association. His dedication and passion for his work earned him the title of Magento Master in 2019, as well as an induction into the Community Hall of Fame.
With highly qualified developers like our globally-recognized Magento Masters on our side, Wagento is a great option if you’re looking to create or update your own website. Click here to find out more about what our team members can do for you!