Is Migration Really Worth It?
Unless your M1 store is already experiencing some performance issues due to your growing business, you might assume that migrating your site to a new platform isn’t worth the hassle. After all, you have a business to run… and Magento 2 can’t be that different from its predecessor, right? Well, according to Net Solutions, there a number of positive differences that Magento 2 users can expect after migrating, such as:
- Faster performance. One report states that Magento 2 sites run an average of 20% faster than Magento 1 stores.
- An improved Admin dashboard. If you found the M1 dashboard to be confusing, you’ll love the clean, user-friendly dashboard of Magento 2!
- Optimized checkout options. Magento 2 makes it easy to create quick one-page checkouts that are capable of accepting all kinds of popular payment options, such as PayPal and ApplePay, as well as debit and credit cards.
- Enhanced site security. Magento 2 takes security seriously with numerous ways to secure your store, including 2-factor authorization, dynamic backup plans, unique admin URLs, and more.
- A responsive, mobile-friendly interface. Mobile shopping is expected to gain more traction in the upcoming years, so Magento 2 has provided a number of tools for merchants to create responsive sites or PWAs to improve their customers’ experiences.
Merchants who migrate to Magento 2 will immediately experience an increase in their site loading times, which in turn will decrease the number of abandoned carts, improve sales, and boost mobile conversions. Online shoppers expect mobile-friendly websites, a wide range of payment options, fast loading speeds, and high-quality images. Magento 2 is well-equipped to make sure your site will continue to meet and exceed customer expectations.
How to Get Started
Wagento developers recognize that migrating platforms can be nerve-racking to many retailers, which could explain why so many have procrastinated moving to Magento 2 in the first place. They have made it a priority to help business owners successfully migrate their sites, and anyone can get started by downloading the eBook, "Your Fast-Track Migration Checklist." Simply sign up with your email or contact a developer directly to ensure a smooth, stress-free migration!